Sunday, February 11, 2007

Congressman Virgil Goode to attend Muslim gathering

RICHMOND TIMES-DISPATCH - February 1, 2007 -- Congressman Virgil H. Goode Jr., after meeting with an interfaith group, has indicated he would accept an invitation to attend a Muslim gathering.

"I said I would go to a gathering sometime if we could work out the time. That's nothing new. I've been to Hindu gatherings, I think a Buddhist gathering; I go to anything that's in my district, and even outside," Goode, R-5th, said yesterday. He also has met with Muslim students in a university area, he said."We are working on setting up" a chance for Goode to attend a Muslim gathering or service, said Vince Isner of Charlottesville, director of FaithfulAmerica, an online program sponsored by the National Council of Churches.A delegation of religious leaders, including three Muslims and Isner, met with Goode recently in his Washington office, Isner said yesterday. "We - felt it would be helpful for Mr. Goode to meet Muslims and people who understand the importance of all religions in our country," Isner said. ---

No comments: